QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF BEFORE YOU BUY A LAKEFRONT COTTAGE IN MUSKOKA
When starting out on your search for that perfect waterfront cottage property it is always difficult for a buyer to know exactly what he or she is looking for. Waterfront cottages are totally different than buying a house as there are so many factors that come into place.
Do you know what you need? Do you know what you want? There is a difference.
- Do you want shallow entry, deep water or both?
- Are you an avid boater, are you happy just to pull the kids wakeboarding and go for an evening cruise or would you rather have total tranquility and be on a motorless lake?
- Do you like the sun all day or are you happier with the sun in the morning and shade in the afternoon; or do you want afternoon sun and a sunset exposure?
- Do you want to be able to use your cottage in the winter or are you happy with 3 season use?
- Would you consider an island property?
- Do you want a lot that has some grassed area and landscaped or do you prefer the lot in it’s natural state?
- Do you like a wide open view close to the water or more treed and set back from the waterfront?
- Is privacy and issue for you or is it not that important?
- Does your cottage property have to be extremely private or is it okay to see a neighbour?
- BTW – In cottage country the front of the property is usually the water side.
- How large is your boat and how deep would you like the water at the dock?
- How many bedrooms do you need or can there be less bedrooms if there is a bunkie?
- Do you have a specific area that you would like to be in or is there just a maximum drive time from home that you want to be within?
- Is there a fisherman in your family and what type of fish do they like to catch?
As Joanne mentioned, there are many questions that need to be asked and thought about, prior to looking for a lakefront cottage for sale. So give the above questions a read and then give Joanne a call @ 705-394-7253 or 855-646-5592.